Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Playoffs - Divisional Round

I have been watching - and blogging about - a lot of baseball lately. But with all these quick series, I'm on baseball withdrawal so I feel the need to blog again. For me, the divisional round made two impressions. First, only one series went past 3 games. This means there are no games till Thursday, thanks to the new schedule based on TV contracts. Only one series clinching game was really all that exciting. The Rockies had three straight hits with two outs to score the go ahead run in the bottom of the eighth. It was a pretty good game. The Cubs and Angels both got beat down, and the Yankees were never really in that fourth game.

But the main impression the Divisional Round made on me can be summed up in 2 words: Frank TV. Now I'm not really sure what Frank TV is going to be about, but TBS is certain that it's going to be awesome. At the beginning and end of every commercial break they ran an ad for Frank TV. I couldn't take it anymore. I commented on this to a friend and he suggested that I send TBS an email. So I did. This is the email that I sent on October 4th:

"I think we are all well aware that you have a new show starting soon called Frank TV. You are going to ruin the playoffs for myself, and millions of other people that are already tired of seeing a John Madden impersonation, if you continue to plug the show at the beginning and end of every commercial break.

I know that you believe that 'more is better', but when all you do is show the same guy in a costume doing an impersonation it gets to be a bit too much.

Please cut back on the Frank TV promos.

Please."

Keep in mind that the playoffs started on October 3rd. If Frank TV turns out to be horrible, you heard it here first.

4 comments:

Moody Family said...

We have turned to the remote to save us from the horrible promos. Thankfully we haven't missed any important moments.

Zack and Jenny said...

Really? TBS has a new show coming up? Hadn't realized it. I like Frank Caliendo, but it's getting too much.

petecobb99 said...

frankly, i too, am sick and franking tired of those promos...

gardenboy said...

I like the wandering warner name...