Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Worst timing ever...

Ok this is pretty funny what just happened to me. One can get from my office in Oswald Tower to my house in a couple of ways. The easiest is the bus, which I wish I took today, that has a stop near my apartment and near my office. Or, one can drive to the football stadium parking lot and take a free loop bus that also stops near my office, which is what I did today. When I left Oswald Tower the sun was out. There seemed to be a thunderstorm brewing but I felt safe that I would easily beat it home. But you know what they say about assumptions. By the time the loop bus made it to Beaver Stadium it was absolutely pouring rain. But with no shelter to be found the only choice was the mad dash to the car, not easily done in flip flops.


Long story short, I got absolutely soaked, even though it was only about 150 yards to my car. My only solace was watching people wrestle with umbrellas as they made the same desperate dash. Why people think that an umbrella is going to do much good when the rain is coming in sideways I will never know. I saw no less than 5 get turned inside out by the gusts. To top it all off, by the time I got home the sun was out again. I guess it is true what they say about timing, and my lack of it was readily apparent this afternoon.
Keep your eyes on the clouds!

4 comments:

petecobb99 said...

we don't even know what rain is in wyoming anymore!

Moody Family said...

Casper would wash away if we got a rain like that.

petecobb99 said...

we did rediscover snow today--check my blog for some pix...

Maggie said...

Rain sucks.