Friday, March 30, 2007

We're number 66!

This is how you really know that nobody respects the tournament that you're playing in. Check out the spelling on the front of the t-shirt. Since I saw the picture I've been sitting here trying to think of a university that would sound funnier with only 1 letter missing, but I think they may have taken the cake with West Virgina*. The 2005 athlete graduation rate at West Virginia is 66%**. I wonder if these guys even knew. "Yes, we just won the NT!"


* Even just as hilarious is that the spell checker on here doesn't have a problem with Virgina.
** They calculate athlete graduation rates based on 6 years, I wonder of that is the norm? The main reason for this second footnote is that I feel like once I break the footnote seal I need at least 2....anyways, Let's Go Mountaineers, Let's Go Drink Some Beers!

5 comments:

gardenboy said...

Those 2 boys look like they are in some kind of a daze. Maybe there is a thrill at being #65 or is it #66?

Good eyes Co to find that spelling blunder. Guess we know that those shirts were indeed made in West Virgina

petecobb99 said...

we used to lve just east of west vrgna...

Zack and Jenny said...

I guess it's a good thing WVU won, a lot more people would have noticed if it had said "Clemsn." I'm looking forward to buying a "Frozen For" t-shirt in St. Louis.

amy said...

OMG...How did that make it to the t-shirt phase without being caught. That's nuts.

Moody Family said...

It is a good thing we went to UW and not West Virgina.