Sunday, May 4, 2008

the real battle for pennsylvania

hillary might have beat obama here in PA a few weeks ago, but with the pens eliminating the rangers today the real battle for pennsylvania is about to begin.

my house is 134 miles from mellon arena - the cozy little igloo that gave us this gem:



the wachovia center is 199 miles from my house, and it led to this very notorious encounter. my friend melissa snapped this pic before that game:



we're currently shopping for a penguins flag to hang in our window. the city of state college will become divided over the next few weeks. its not only about penguins versus flyers. its bigger than that. lines will be drawn, and then they will be crossed. loyalties will be tested, and they will probably strengthen. i ordered a sergei gonchar jersey with the winnings from the ncaa tournament pool. i'm only about 60% sure that it will survive the series.



go pens

4 comments:

petecobb99 said...

GO PENS!
THE FLYERS SUCK!!!!

mcw said...

go penguins!
the only way that i could cheer for the flyers is if they played ... hmmm.
i could never cheer for the flyers.

Jeffrey said...

NEVER EVER EVER cheer for the flyers. I think I hate them as much as I do the Rangers. No I hate the flyers more. And I know my mother taught me not to hate(it had something to do with Brad Park)something that can't hate you back---I REALLY HATE the flyers.

The Breadmaker said...

AFter I married into the Warner clan, there were certain things I had to accept unconditionally. ALWAYS for the Red Sox, always for UNH and always against the Flyers. It took me awhile to embrace the Red Sox, but I always am for whoever is playing against the Flyers. GO PENS !!!!!