Sunday, May 11, 2008

defense wins championships

For those who haven't heard, I just wanted to let everyone know that last Friday, May 9th, I successfully defended my Master's Thesis here at Penn State. It only took a small amount of bribing on my part, so all in all I would say it went pretty well. Once I submit all of the paperwork and turn in the final draft, the thesis will be available for viewing through the Penn State libraries. I'll post a link once that happens.

It has been quite an academic journey to get to this point, and it was a great feeling to get those signatures on the Masters approval page. I celebrated by watching the Pens dominate the Flyers in game one, while also attempting to drink all of the alcohol in State College. I was also lucky enough to get my economic stimulus check right about the time of my defense, which allowed me to buy myself some presents. My Gonchar jersey still hasn't arrived (it should be here tomorrow), and that was the big present to myself. I'll post a pic of that when it gets here. I'll also be traveling to Denver in a few weeks for a good friend's wedding, and I'm really looking forward to that trip.

Now I have a week off to enjoy this feeling before summer session starts and I have to teach a 6 week course (everyday for about an hour). At some point during this week it would probably be a good idea to write a syllabus...

I'd also like to wish my Mom a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Without a doubt, I have the best parents around. There is no way that I would have gotten to this point without all of your emotional and financial support. So a big part of this MA is definitely yours.

4 comments:

petecobb99 said...

good work for many years!

mcw said...

congratulations!

gardenboy said...

way to go Cody...you must be so relieved to have that behind you. Think you will continue with school?

GB said...

Congratulations, Cody---I'm really proud of you!!!