Monday, February 25, 2008

playoff beard (kind of)

i forgot to mention something in my last post. just as hockey players - and those in other sports - grow a playoff beard out of superstition in the playoffs, i've decided to start one of sorts myself.

now that we turn our full attention to recovery mode, i will not shave my face or cut my hair until i see my sister return to full health. this post makes it official. lets see, i last shaved (shove?) on saturday so that means it should take about 8 months for a noticeable beard to appear. i haven't cut my hair since shortly after classes started, maybe about a month.

watch out, cause here comes fuzzy mc-fuzz-face.

10 comments:

Maggie said...

I'm going to do my best to make sure this is all taken care of before somebody starts to call you Jesus or a hippie. or both. The pressure is on now!

mcw said...

our prayers are with maggie and her recovery.

Moody Family said...

I like your bold move. We are hoping the noticable beared never shows. Won't it be wonderful to have a healthy Maggie for summer and of course the annual Warner shindig? GO MAGGIE!!!!! Your cheering section is going strong here too..... thinking positive (that seems to work).

petecobb99 said...

maybe i'll get in on this one...

Zack and Jenny said...

Dad, if you're in, I'm in too!

The Breadmaker said...

And us wives will have to sacrifice as well....no I'm not going shaggy, but will allow the very kissable Mr. Warner to go "long" for the cause!

petecobb99 said...

i'll be the grey beard...

Zack and Jenny said...

Alright, I'm in too!

Jeffrey said...

so does this mean I need to shave all the time?

Anonymous said...

I have yet to see any tangible evidence of this beard...what's taking so long?