Monday, February 4, 2008

court storming and game faces

By some miracle, Penn State upset then #7 Michigan State on Saturday night. I say miracle because Penn State hoops has been simply terrible since losing star player Geary Claxton. In the 5 games without Claxton leading up to Saturday, Penn State had broke 60 once, and twice were held under 50. Needless to say, not much was expected out of the Lions on Saturday. But I figured, what the hell, go see a top ten team play. You don't get that opportunity very often.

Well PSU proceeded to play out of their minds. They hit a bunch of threes, and made an unbelievable 51 trips to the charity stripe. Normally, they shoot around 60 percent. I read somewhere that they hit 16-20 in the last couple of minutes. PSU took 20 fewer shots and won by 9. It was a very crazy and exciting game. It became very obvious with about 5 minutes left that the student section was going to rush the court in the event of a victory. I've never been a fan of sitting in the student section for basketball games, so I was sitting closer to one of the ends. I've also never really been into storming the court. Again, I only had my camera, and this is the best picture that came out.



In other news, I just found out that Bob Knight just quit at Texas Tech, turning the program over to his son. One can only assume that this will be it for Coach Knight. Here is a top 10 Bob Knight soundbites. 'Game face' is my favorite.



One final note. After I watched the Bob Knight video, I checked out the Jeep video to see how it was doing. The Jeep has surpassed the 8000 views mark in its 10 months on YouTube. Once it hits 10,000 I'm thinking that some sort of celebration will be in order. So while you're here, check out the Jeep one more time.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Yeah one of the perks of not being able to get regular cable and having to get directv is i have the big ten channel(and cody doesn't, hahaha)...that game was sweet! i love those kind of games.

celebration if the jeep hits 10,000?!?!? i'm just going to sit here all day and keep clicking play.

mcw said...

watch out all of you top 25 teams. the lions are on the prowl.

Moody Family said...

Maggie you crack me up.... Ok, and that picture of the fans storming the court.... for a lack of better words, WOW!!! There are as many people storming the court as there are in Casper. It looks like it is way fun. Just makes me think of the year UW beat Utah. That was the coolest game I have been to. You beat that every time you go to a game now. It is an end of an era for Texas Tech. Can't believe the news. And I will end this with GO JEEP!!!!!

Moody Family said...

Just read the comments on you tube about the jeep. What does dank mean?

petecobb99 said...

i'm gonna miss bob knight--the good, the bad and the ugly...