Monday, June 25, 2007

Lil' Turner

The State College Spikes - our fine Pirates A affiliate and member of the New York Penn League - had probably the greatest promotion ever at last Saturday's home game. To celebrate our new skipper - and former Pirates outfielder - Turner Ward, the Spikes brass decided that a bobblehead was in order. I know, this itself is great news. However, the Spikes decided to kick raise the ante on bobblehead promotions everywhere by designing a bobblehead to commemorate Turner's legendary catch at Three Rivers Stadium.




So let me introduce Lil' Turner....

Lil' Turner was not too pleased that this was the best shot of him that I got at the game, and wouldn't stop belly-aching until I assured him I would post some more later on. But I think that you can get the idea. Notice the door on the outfield wall that actually swings open and shut. And if you don't know why this is a totally awesome bobblehead than you obviously didn't follow the link for Big Turner's catch.

More to follow on Lil' Turner

7 comments:

The Breadmaker said...

I had never heard of Lil Turner, but I DID watch the replay ! An amazing catch to say the least ! AND... I do believe I am the only one of the Warner extended family besides Cody to have a Spikes T-Shirt ! I am wearing it to work tomorrow,because I am pretty sure the baseball fans there will be stumped !! Thanks Cody !!! And if you can, try and go to Lunchbox day in August ! I could use a new Lunchbox...hmmm wasn't that one of your UW friends !!!

The Breadmaker said...

P.S. Lunchbox Day is August 20th and I call first dibs !!!!

petecobb99 said...

lil' turner rocks!

Moody Family said...

Go Lil Turner!!!

Zack and Jenny said...

Welcome to the family, lil turner!

Lynn said...

Hi Cody,
Your sister has roped me into the blog world -- she got Grandma, too! I hope I can keep up with all that you are doing and thinking! Will we see you in NH this summer? The lake is waiting for you!
Love,
Your Favorite Aunt in New Hampshire

Hoops03 said...

Would you sell this for a good price?? If so email me at mheuser03@gmail.com