Monday, April 9, 2007

People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot.


Riding the high of a crazy championship game I came home and it was time to bottle the first batch of beer that Jason Houle (the co-founder of this micro-brew) brewed a while back. It had taken a little long, but I was assured that it would be OK. And it tasted pretty good when we sampled it, and it seemed pretty clear. So we're both pretty optimistic about the outcome. I'm sure one particular reader can expect a list of questions tomorrow as I recount everything to make me feel like we did it all right. Amy will be happy to know that I did a Google search for 'beer quotes' for the title (the credit belongs to the Capital Brewery, Middleton, WI)

Houle is a University of Maine grad and fan. Let's try to
remember the lesson learned from the Frozen Four - a hockey fan is alright outside of the rink. He is a Red Sox fan, which sits nicely with some of you out there. I don't feel bad about saying that he got a hard time tonight when some of the bottles he donated to the cause turned out to be twist off. That was a pretty branch campus move on his part. Anyways, in a few weeks we'll crack open the first beer - 48 total - of batch #1 (sign to follow).
On a side note. I put some more pics of other stuff on my public gallery at Picasa. I think you can follow the link to the gallery from the link for the FF album I sent. If not, or if you don't have that, let me know. Might as well take advantage of the technology.

1 comment:

petecobb99 said...

To quote Homer:
"Mmmmmmmm...Beeeeeeer..."