Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Let the debate begin....#6-10

No, not the debate about Barry Bonds. Although I will comment on something interesting I heard while watching the game last night. The pitcher who served up #756 - Mike Bacsik Jr. - had a father who was also a major league pitcher. Some time back, the Sr. Bacsik squared off against one Hammering Hank Aaron, who at the time was sitting at 755 career home runs. It would have been cool if Mike Sr. had given up 756 to Hank and then have Jr. serve up the same to Barry. On top of that, history will also remember that Bonds hit #755 off of a pitcher - Clay Hensley - who was previously suspended for using a banned substance. What a crazy game!!!

But the real debate will center around the ranking of the Top 10 moments from the trip. Really I can think of about 20 things that would all be tied for 1st, but what fun would that be? Just a warning, this will be long which is why it will be 2 posts. So here we go....

#10 - Weekend fun in Laramie




It was really great to spend a weekend in Laramie with a bunch of my friends who are still there - either working or still going to school. Plus some of my other friends were also there that weekend. Good times were had by all. I really miss my friends from UW quite a bit.

#9 - The Ride to Red Lodge



This is just a great ride to take anytime, but it is even better when you know that Sam's Tap Room is your destination. I'd forgot that I was wearing a Sid the Kid shirt that day when I said to my dad, "Hey take my pic, I'm gonna do one of those stare into the distance looks." Maybe I should email it to Sid's people...looks a good piece of advertising.

#8 - The Wood River




Now even though it rained for a large part of my time in Meeteetse, that didn't stop us from making several trips up the Wood River; which is one of my all time favorite places to hang out. Going back to high school, I've always loved just cruising up there because you'll never know what you'll see. The steam off the river on this day was really cool.

#7 - The Warner Jeep




When the sun finally came out in Meeteetse, it was time to take the Jeep up the Wood River, which combines 2 of my favorite things: the Wood and the Jeep. When Zack and I stopped at the campground for a little driving break I noted that "the Jeep is looking really fierce right now, let's take an action shot." The Jeep thought it was a great idea.

#6 - The Food




As always, the food for the trip was spectacular. From the pie and various good eats at Maggie's (I still think about that salsa!), to the amazing food in Meeteetse. I almost freaked out when I saw that huge pile of spicy noodles.

And how can we forget, the Triple B...



That would be Blueberry, Bacon, Beer Pancakes; made of course with homebrewed maple wheat and topped with high quality maple syrup. I skipped golf to have these pancakes, and it was worth it.

Tune in to the next post for the rest of the top 10.

1 comment:

Moody Family said...

Spicy Noodles are the best!!!